Jon Mason – Strength & Conditioning Coach
A masters graduate from Teesside University, with an interest in the biomechanics of the squat. Jon has 8 years of coaching experience from a variety of different roles including National Governing Bodies, Universities, Colleges and within the private sector.
- MSc Strength and Conditioning graduate
- British Weight Lifting Level 2 coach
- Former Technical Expert for British Weight Lifting
- Former British Weight Lifting Tutor and Assessor
- Current Head of Strength and Conditioning at Newcastle Thunder RLFC (1st Team and Academies).
- Strength and Conditioning Coach at Gateshead College Academy for Sport.
- Regional Development Officer at British Weight Lifting.
- Strength and Conditioning Coach with the RFL Regional Performance Squad (North East Thunder and England Combined Vs Australian Schoolboys)
- Former Fitness coordinator at the YMCA North Tyneside.
- Conditioning coach with Newcastle University Rugby League Team.